Visa on arrival, also known as a classic visa, is a type of visa travelers have to obtain in order to enter the destination country, but it can be obtained upon arrival. Visitors do not need to apply for a travel visa beforehand. However, for a visa on arrival, visitors need to wait in a long queue at the airport, with the uncertainty of obtaining a visa for Saudi Arabia. In contrast, the electronic visa (e-visa) is an ultra-simplified online process proposed by States to avoid queues at the embassy and save time for travelers. Although e-visa is convenient, some special cases still require classic visas in the passport.
For a classic visa, all you need for entry requirements is your valid passport and a return flight ticket. Because visa issuance takes place when you’re already in Saudi, you don’t require a lot of documents.
For a Saudi e-visa, you just need a smartphone or laptop connected to the Internet that helps you apply for an e-visa anywhere. The process of applying Saudi e-visa is pretty simple and straightforward, you need to prepare all the necessary documents which the Saudi Arabian Government requires:
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of the passport. This passport is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date and has at least 02 blank pages to stamp.
- A digital version of the applicant’s photograph
- Travel insurance is required.
- The E-mail address that you have access to.
- A credit or debit card to pay the e-visa fee.